It is edifying that many of the faithful of Our Lady of the Assumption seek to have Masses offered,
usually for the benefit of the deceased. This has necessitated a policy so that the widest number of
parishioners can have an opportunity to have Masses said. Fairness and justice are guiding
principles for this policy. The following is our policy concerning Mass Intentions, Vigil Lamp, Altar
Bread & Wine Memorials and Floral Memorial Donations:
Prior to the opening of the Mass book, forms will be available for preparing the requested
Sundays: Saturday 5 PM Vigil; Sunday 7 AM, 8:30 AM, 10 AM
Weekdays: 8 AM on Monday – Friday; 9 AM on Saturday
- Each family may request for the following calendar year SIX Sunday and/or Weekday Masses. This will ensure that as many people as possible will be able to obtain Masses. The Mass Book form provides an option to list an alternate Sunday and alternate weekday date in the event that your requested dates are unavailable.
- The suggested offering for Announced Masses is $15.00 and for Unannounced Masses it is $10.00. Checks can be made payable to: “OLA”.
- Each family may request TWO Vigil Lamps per year. The suggested offering for each Vigil Lamp is $20.00 to cover the cost of the candle. The Lamp must be paid for separately from the Mass Intentions by either cash or a separate check.
- Each family may request TWO Altar Bread & Wine Memorial requests per year. The suggested offering for a week’s coverage is $20.00. The Altar Bread & Wine memorial request must be paid for separately from the Mass Intentions by either cash or a separate check.
- Following the initial Saturday opening, the Mass book will be open in the Parish Office. Mass requests will be accommodated based upon availability throughout the year.
- Other options for Mass Intentions include: Unannounced Masses or Seminary Enrollments. Further information may be obtained in the Parish Office.
Information and forms are available in the Parish Office,
or by clicking on the link below:
We ask that the forms be completed and brought to the Parish Office.